Operations Annapolis, Maryland, United States. Full-time
Blackwood, a family owned and operated integrator and reseller of Cybersecurity and Data Analytics technologies, is seeking a passionate professional to join our growing team. Located in Annapolis MD, Blackwood is an industry leader with over 40 years of experience, and partners with leading edge technology companies to provide the best possible solutions for positive security related outcomes. Blackwood boasts a customer base that spans nearly the entire Federal space, and a growing east of the Mississippi River Commercial footprint, that includes the Fortune 100, as well as State & Local Government and Higher Education organizations. We are a culture first organization and take this part of our hiring process very seriously. If you have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a solid background in this space, we would like to speak with you.
As the gatekeepers of Blackwood’s reputation, the Operations team has an opportunity to impact customers, employees and partners alike. Blackwood is able to confidently make commitments because Operations always follows through and gets the job done. We are looking for a Controller in our Annapolis Headquarters with a proven track record of leadership, professionalism, partnership, and the ability to get the job done, while holding themselves to the highest degree of honesty and integrity. Blackwood is a quickly growing organization and are looking for a Controller who is hungry to be part of the growth and support the organization to help get it to the next level.
- Domestic Accounting Operations Management. Provide leadership over the general accounting, disbursements (accounts payable, travel and expenses, and payroll), billing and collection of receivables, and controls. Manage commissions, payroll and benefits, in conjunction with Insurance Force.
- Reporting and Financial Statement Preparation. Ensure timely and accurate financial closing and reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual basis). Assist with coordination of tax filings and annual DCAA audits.
- Budgeting and Forecasting. Assist with preparation and maintenance of annual budget and update and sensitize as required, including long-term forecasting. Seek to improve efficiency and usability of Excel model and integration with financial reporting system.
- Financial Analysis. Provide financial analysis, reporting and decision-making support for key business activities. Assist with budget-vs.-actual analysis and cost-benefit reviews. Provide analysis for Board meetings.
- Internal Controls. Develop and enhance documentation on policies and procedures related to financial operations.
- Contract Vehicle Management. Assist with proposal and bid development as needed. Manage major contract vehicles and ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
- Financial Systems. Manage and administer general ledger chart of accounts and controls within Quickbooks Enterprise platform. Enhance reporting and data exchange between entities to achieve global reporting system.
- External Relationships. Build/maintain relationships with banks, auditors, distributors, and various other vendors. Assist with development of the structure, negotiation and maintenance of contracts for all Finance team vendor contacts.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Five to Ten years of progressive experience
- Prior experiences working in small to mid-size businesses operating /directing sophisticated accounting functions and staff accountant activities
- CPA Required
- Energetic, efficient and agile, proven ability to management multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Conscientious, team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Curious by nature, think beyond the day to day responsibilities
- Self-motivated and directed
- Possess the highest levels of professional and personal honesty and integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Operating experiences in the Start-Up environment and/or Technology sector a plus
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time-management skills, as well as an ability to communicate effectively with staff and management
- Detail oriented and hands-on approach, with the willingness to dive deep into anything
Since balance is the cornerstone of culture here at Blackwood, we have chosen to invest heavily in programs that allow employees to pursue their own definition of success inside and outside of work. The benefits snapshot below provides an overview of programs available to full-time vested employees. Once eligibility and vesting requirements have been met, these programs allow ample time to relax, recharge, and pursue our own individual definition of success.
- Flexible Work Hours
- Remote Working Agreement
- Expense Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: 30 Days
- Cultural Time Off: 2 Days
- Paid Holidays: 8 Days
- Retirement 401(k)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Health Savings Account